June is one of our favorite months of the year! It is the month of the places that most inspire us to create: the oceans. They occupy three quarters of our earth's surface and provide us with essential elements for life such as the oxygen we breath, part of our daily food and of course the drinking water we use. The oceans also regulate climate and weather events, as well as being habitat for some of our world's most spectacular creatures.
That is why we want to pay tribute to the oceans, and we will begin by sharing a series of small actions to take care of them and the planet Earth that we all inhabit, understanding that if we begin to implement them in our day to day we are contributing to its preservation and conservation over time.
1. To start, something simple! plant seeds and create your own home garden. You can choose the plants or trees that you like the most, with the necessary care they will grow and can be a source of food for you and your family. For this you can also use your organic waste as compost.
Remember that by purchasing Milonga's eco garments you receive our Seeds of the Sea, our latest initiative as part of our social commitment to encourage greener homes and make the earth a better place to live!
2. We also love to travel! But above all, we love to do it consciously. We believe that nothing is better than visiting a new beach, exploring and walking for hours feeling the sand and the humidity with every step we take. Take advantage of these moments to collect waists that you see in the place, in this way you will help life in this ecosystem endure.
3. Be part of sustainable fashion! Give a second life to those clothes that you no longer use, either by modifying them or giving them to someone else. Buy products made with recyclable materials and in processes that are conscious of both the environment and its workforce, for this you can check the product labels for their materials and places of origin: look for clothes made from organic cotton and not derived materials from oil as well as locally produced garments in order to reduce the consumption of fuel used for transportation.
4. Say no to plastic! When you go to the market, avoid buying products that are packaged in plastic or that have many wrappers, in case this is the only option, try to give those packages a second use. Also, try to always have your tote bags with you to take your purchases home.
5. Don't let the battery run out! We recommend changing your common light bulbs for energy-saving bulbs and turning them off during the day. Also, you can use solar energy to recharge your mobile devices, thanks to technology there are already accessible chargers that allow it.
6. Find multiple purposes for the tap! Consume water responsibly, sometimes we can collect water to use later in another way. For example, when bathing, while the water is at the temperature you want, you can collect it in a container to later use it for laundry or other household chores.
7. Transport with your own means! Try to go to nearby places by walking or using a less polluting means such as a bicycle, rollerblades or skateboard. When you use your car try to optimize its use and share the displacement with other people.
We invite you to choose at least five of these seven actions to start applying during this month of June, as a sign of our infinite love for our planet Earth and its matchless oceans. And remember that together we can make this world the best!